Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mexico - April 13


One final service! We have enjoyed going to this church the last few years because there is no question about the special love that the Pastor, his wife and staff have for the people and you really sense His presence when he arrive! They meet in a tent that is set-up along the side of a mountain - part of the mountain is their stage. They have a great worship band, and we enjoyed ministering with a full service and Pastor Lucas getting another chance to share his sermon from the other night "Love God, Love people." After the service we had a "first" - the Pastor, his wife, staff and youth joined us for lunch together. We scattered the teams at the tables so they could try to interact with each other. After lunch, Rachel McLaughlin and John Meredith joined their worship team for a English/Spanish language worship time - very cool, a glimpse of what heaven will be like! Finally, before all the students had a chance to play together, Mrs. Mitchell used our team to teach them a couple of dramas they could use at their church.

1 comment:

the 'left behind" said...

Well it's looks like you guys have had a blast. I wish I could've come with you. I miss you all. I have been praying for all of you and I hope your return will be safe. I can't wait for you all to return even though I'm sure some of you wish you could stay longer. Well it's late and I'm off to bed! Love ya!

xoxo
Kaysee