Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Grader - SPECIAL AWARD



Thursday afternoon I learned that first grader, Ryder Naylor, was receiving a special award in Lee County. Here's a message from Mrs. Naylor explaining what happened:

."...he received the Do The Right Thing award at City Hall this afternoon! I truly apologize as I was informed by the representative that they would be sending you an invitation to the event...Ryder took the initiative on his own, with no suggestion or prompting, to clean up our street. He walks with his grandmother and he was very upset at the amount of trash along to sides of our road. One day he said he forgot something, he ran in the house and came out with plastic bags so he could clean up the road as they walk. Ryder now maintains the litter control on a fairly regular basis keeping our street and "God's world clean because it is what God would do" and he "wants to be like God". Thank you for your support. They will be showing the ceremony on channel 98 this Sat at 1pm and 7pm. You can also go online to watch the ceremony at this website: http://trms1.cityftmyers.com/Cablecast/Public/Show.aspx?ChannelID=1&ShowID=876

I would love to take all the credit for his desire to take care of his community but I am sure that what he is being taught and learning at school has also been a major influence on his choosing to do the right thing and take responsibility even if it isn't his job; I thank you for that. It is really nice to know that FMCS has my back as far as Ryder is concerned; if I somehow miss it on my end I know that he will catch it on your end! :>)"

Leslie Naylor

No comments: