Monday, September 15, 2008

The 7th grade bible class and Tim Tebow


A couple of weeks ago, my 7th grade bible class watched a video clip produced by ESPN's College Gameday - they followed Florida quarterback, Tim Tebow, to the Phillipines on a missions trip that he took on his spring break. The Heisman Trophy winner spoke to the orphans there, performed minor medical procedures, and gave his testimony to men at a prison about his relationship with Christ. A new activity that we have taken on this year in bible class is to write letters of encouargement to fellow Christians, like Tim Tebow, and let them know that we are praying for them.

Today an envelope came from the University of Florida with a prepared statement that read:

"As a student-athlete at the University of Florida, I am honored that you have expressed an interest in me. I take my platform as the 2007 Heisman Trophy Winner very seriously, because it enables me to be an ambassador for college football and the University of Florida and also a role model for aspiring young athletes...As important as football is to me, my priorities that precede football are faith, family, and academics. A verse from the Bible that I often quote is Philippians 4:13, which credits my true source of strength.

God Bless and Go Gators! Tim Tebow"


Also inside the envelope were Gator football schedules and an autographed picture of Tim Tebow for each of the students in the class. Continue to pray with us for Tim and for His walk with the Lord!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's an amazing young man and a true role model for us all. God Bless Tim Tebow and Go Gators!!!!!