Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back in the classroom!

To the parents of 7th grade,

Mrs. Crouch and I have talked today about her love for the students but about being uncomfortable about not being as qualified for Bible as she is as a language arts teacher teaching language arts. There is something about being "in the zone" that makes it right for everyone - like seeing Michael Jordan playing basketball - great idea; Michael Jordan in a baseball uniform - ok, he's a good athlete but his specialty is basketball!

After much consideration, Mrs. Crouch has agreed to step aside and allow me to teach bible to 7th grade. I loved teaching Bible here the first 18 years that I taught at FMCS, and have missed not doing it since I took over as principal. With Pastor Finger and Mr. Ryba handling the areas of business, advertising, and public relations for the school, I feel that this could work out in my schedule. I have GREATLY missed the contact with the students as a teacher and I am excited about this opportunity. This year, Mrs. Crouch has added sixth grade language preps to her schedule as well as becoming the National Junior Honor Society. This change will allow her to spend more time on those two areas that will bless the school. I am very thankful for the great job she does with the students and SO GLAD she returned this year!

So, starting Tuesday, 4th period seventh grade Bible will be with Mr. Mitchell in room 105 (Mrs. Crouch's room). I appreciate your prayers and look forward to the opportunity!

No comments: