Monday, November 17, 2008

Hunter Rollings Story from the D.C. Leadership Conference

While in Washington, D.C., I learned many leadership qualities and lots of American history. We visited different American sites each day like the Lincoln Memorial, the White House and Harper's Ferry and learned why they are important. My favorite part of the trip was learning about American history and the wars we had to fight for our freedom. It made me realize how we take our freedom for granted. We also studied our amendments and freedoms. I think most of all this is what I will take away from this trip. I also liked learning about the leadership qualities of our past leaders and how I can develop these in myself and use them for good. I met a lot of nice kids from across the United States. We had a great time and learned a lot. I would recommend this trip to anyone that is able to go. It was a lot of fun and I will always remember the lessons I learned. - Hunter Rollings (pictured on the right, 7th grader)

No comments: